Nu Delta Alpha Dance Honor Society
Nu Delta Alpha is a National Dance Honor Society recognizing outstanding students, educators and professionals for their achievements in dance – encompassing performance, choreography, scholarship and technology through the leader in dance education, the National Dance Association.
Grissom Dance is the host of the Terpsichore Chapter of Nu Delta Alpha. The meaning of Nu Delta Alpha:
Nu – Individuals within an academically sound group awarded distinction in dance and community service
Delta – Pinnacle, the highest point of development and achievement, genuine and esteemed
Alpha – First, Beginning
Requirements for Membership:
1. You must have at least 30 points to be eligible
2. You must have a 3.0 overall GPA
3. You must be a member of GHS Dance
4. 80% of your points must come from Grissom Dance activities
5. $30.00 membership fee
The Purpose of NDA….
• Recognize students who have shown outstanding ability in dance technique/performance, dance education choreography, literature and/or production.
• Increase knowledge, improve skills and encourage sound practices in all fields of dance.
• Promote and support creative and healthy lifestyles through high quality dance programs.
• Increase the quality of dance education so students may have equal opportunity to experience the benefits of dance education.
• Have equal opportunity and promote access to quality dance/arts education of all students interested in dance regardless of gender race, ethnicity, interest or culture.
• Provide leadership opportunities establishing and furthering dance/arts education within the institution.
• Increase awareness of dance as it relates to institutions in higher education on the professional level and to the community.
• Acknowledge and promote artistic and academic excellence.
Dance Honor Society forms are distributed in the spring and the inductions are held during our awards ceremony at the end of the year.